Tuesday 12 February 2013

One epic journey...

Leaving Mexico City at 11.00am Wednesday morning we then spent;


  • 17 hours on one bus
  • Waited one hour for our next in Tapachula
  • Got on our second bus and went for another 14 hours, did some knitting

  • Slept in an actual bed in El Salvador
  • Got our third bus at 4.00am
  • After 15 hours we arrived in Managua, Nicaragua.

I had planned for an evening in a hostel, soak in a tub, wash my hair, perhaps paint my nails but instead we were whirl wind into a two hour taxi ride to Rivas with a Swiss and a German and to top things off we all spent the night together in one tiny hell hole room with an 'en suite' who's door was merely a flimsy piece of material-and all to save ourselves two dollars!!!



In fairness to the two strange men not a fart, snore or a shit was shared and we parted ways having had an agreeable evening together.

The morning of our departure led to a half an hour taxi ride with 3 other locals, it was a tight squeeze and a mighty relief once we 'finally' arrived back in San Juan Del Sur!

For the past two days we have been staying at Hostal Elizabeth, a cheap and nasty place full of cheap and nasty people. However, the owner is wonderful, super friendly and hard to say no to...

I am reluctantly enjoying our second evening now but we have been weighing up our options for a more long term rental;


  • Chale's House  Peaceful, small, no TV but it does have a tiny dog.
  • Casa Tadeo Has a tiny pool and the owner is super friendly.
  • There are also some apartments for rent behind Pan de Vida but I can't locate their website. I have yet to see inside one but anything behind this wonderful bakery can't be bad!
  • MersellaValley This last place is a little closer to our land and therefore a little out of town but the rentals look amazing and the owner seems like a good sort.
My always optimistic Australian is putting up with my moaning ways but I have politely requested a change of location for Monday.

We moved to Casa Tadeo this morning. It's a bloody big improvement but a little out of our budget. We need to save all our pennies for door frames, bricks and toilets these days!

I am happy to be back but a little overwhelmed with it all, I think I had best just buy myself a small dog...






1 comment:

  1. Wow what a trip! Hope you spent the $2 you saved wisely hehe. I look forward to further posts x

    ReplyDelete